Monday, November 13, 2006

Autograph SEEKERS Go Home!

My website started getting thousands of HITS, hundrends of thoussands, even... I couldn't fugre out why until I realized that it has the same name as this new novel that's coming out by that guy Thomas Pynchon, who I am familiar with, but I haven't read any of his books. I had no idea when I named it this! I mean, I came up with this name while eating a mushroom and peperoni pizza from Lou Malnati's along with some drugs that I'd reather not mention here and a vanilla bean and lingonberry ice cream martini from TJ Fudrucker's followed by Jaeger shots! I know: DUMB! So while puking my guts out I was kind of in a state of some kind of weird grace, eventually, and I thought, now would be the time to think of a name for my new BLOG, since here I am puking my guts out. I don't know, puke, blog, kind of the same thing. So I was trying to think of that expression for puking, but I couldn't think of it-- hurling, yeah, but no... the porcealon god, no, too religious, and I can't spell porciilarn... what was it?! I tell you I couldn't think of it, but what came to me was AGAINST THE DAY. I have no idea why that came to me, but it was like GOD put the words in my mind. Well, once I recovered, the the expresion I was trying to think of came to me finally: Driving The Big White Bus. Okay, but by that time, it didn't seem so charming anymore, and I didn't really want to name my blog THAT. SO I went with Against the Day. But I assure you... IT has abslolutly NOTHING to do with that Thomas Pynchon or his new book which I'm sure is more well written than what you read here. But do his characterers have philosophic forrays into the IKEA store? I doubt it. But maybe they do. Now I'm interested, kind of. SO what I'll do here is read all his books (THere are only a few, right? ) and then write little reveiws here of what I think, ending with the new one once it comes out. SO yeah, sorry to all of you who are coming to the blog in ERROR, it's just the kind of accident that happens in these days of so few words and so many people putting them into random senseless order.

No comments: